Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend May 25, 2012, 23:19 Flatline

theglaze wrote on May 25, 2012, 16:11:
MadBoris wrote on May 25, 2012, 13:59:
The thing I think some people have an issue with is dying

Hunted. That's the word.

I don't mind getting fragged, but being hunted by multiple enemies in a no-win-scenario creates a hopeless feeling that almost ruins the experience. You need to stay with the game to get beyond that point and understand how to avoid those situations. Most people give up because the skill gap can be gargantuan in public servers.

Hunted? Oh man if I get 3 or 4 defensive players to hunt me I know I'll die but I cackle gleefully and concentrate on dragging out the hunt as long as possible.

All it takes is about 8 seconds to destroy a defender's setup or nab a flag. If I can yank several defenders off their duty to go on a cross country skiing trip that means that there's a hole, probably a pretty big hole, in their defenses now that someone on my team is hopefully raping for all they can.

Bonus points if you piss generator rats off so bad they leave the base to kill you. Man that's an awesome feeling... They come after you and you hear "the enemy generator is down!" ten seconds later... MMMMmmmmm... Obfuscate!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo