Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:24 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:09:
I played a decent amount of D2 (got multiple characters through hell) but never grinded for loot, so maybe I'm just forgetting. What sort of loot was in D2 that we are missing from D3? I am just looking for some specific examples.

If you want a specific loot list comparison I'd have to go dig up some items. I can give you the gist of what some people are saying and a few of my own issues, there are some large threads on the b.net forums with more in depth details and comparisons:

- elemental modifiers from gems are now rolled into items
- Things like poison damage are implemented into straight damage instead of DoTs
- Set item bonuses are mostly incremental (2% to health, etc) and most people don't wear set items without perfect rolls on the stat distro as they don't compare favorably to same level blue/rare loot
- Higher chance to cast on abilities
- Lack of more interesting ability modifiers like teleport, faster hit recovery and so on.
- Items that add to skills/runes
- Some ilvl drop issues between acts/difficulties (big gap between Hell/Inferno gear drops for example)

Luckily all of this stuff is easily fixed up as loot table additions aren't a difficult thing. It becomes much more apparent once you hit 60 and start doing the latter parts of Hell.

Is the gem thing just a flexibility thing? Obviously you are getting elemental modifiers, but you'd like to have more control?
Wasn't poison damage always blah in D2 BECAUSE it was DOT? Again, its been a while
What is a cast on ability?
Others make sense, and thanks for that.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo