Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

75. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 10:27 Bhruic

Prez wrote on May 24, 2012, 23:55:
You're making the mistake of thinking people are forced to use the AH... You don't need optimal gear at every moment to get by... People do it, but don't need to... )

Fair enough, but 'min/max' players make up the majority of Action RPG gamers from my experience. People for whom it's about the journey (like myself) tend to be in a distinct minority. From the way I've seen the loot system in D3 described at length by many posters in several different threads it seems like the majority of players would be compelled to use the auction house. Call me a cynic, but given that Blizzard is taking a cut of every transaction, that smells like a design decision, not happenstance.

There's no RMAH right now, so there's nothing for Blizzard to be taking a cut of. I guess when they finally do come out with it, we can see then, but for the moment, it sounds like there is plenty available on the "uses gold" AH. It'll be interesting to see what happens to that one when the RM one finally makes it up.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo