Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

243. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 23, 2012, 20:45 LaxerFL

I had my account hacked last night, about 10 minutes after I used the Auction House for the first time. I run antivirus that updates and scans every day. I run 2 spyware/malware programs that I update and scan with every week. I use Firefox with noscript and adblock. I've never typed my b.net account info on any website or email other then battle.net itself. I do not share the account. There are no children in my house and I am the only one who uses my computer. My password was mixed case, alpha numeric, random characters. No one guessed or brute forced my password. I've never played in a public game. I have no one on my friends list and have never played with anyone in a private game. I have soloed my whole play time.
The first time I use Blizzard's Auction House, 10 minutes later I get disconnected from the game with a message that another computer was logging into my account. I tried to log back in and my password had been changed. I did the password recovery bit through b.net, reset my password and when I logged back in, my guy was naked and penny-less.
Blizzard restored my account to about 5 or 6 hours prior to the hack. I lost over 5 levels. I went from one boss into act 3 back to before I killed Zullten Khulle in act 2. I lost countless gems, and one of the best runs of rares I've had since the game came out. I had more then doubled my life and damage in that time. I'm so dejected I don't even want to login and play now.
I had the smartphone authenticator attached to the account. I had the SMS Alerts enabled. I never got a text telling my the password was being changed and obviously the authenticator did nothing.
And to top it all off, Blizzard BANNED me from the forums and deleted all my posts when I called them out on the exploit. Yes, I used some choice words but there is a filter, no one could actually see the "dirty" words I used.
I have always supported Blizzard. I LOVE the game Diablo 3. But this has just sucked all the enjoyment out of it for me.
And now I've been on hold with blizzard phone support for 1 hour 29 minutes. What I really want to know is WHY when I was already logged in and playing would they boot me to allow a second login attempt access? Why didn't the SMS alerts ALERT me when the password was trying to be changed? How did they login without my Authenticator?
I know I'll never get the levels and gems and rares back. Now, I just want ANSWERS! I'll never use the Auction House again because that is obviously how they gained access to my account.
I'm just so disappointed in Blizzard right now, I'm actually sad about this whole ordeal

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo