Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 13:14 theyarecomingforyou

Creston wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:04:
Well, what you're doing then is essentially turning your security question into just another password. And if you forgot the first one, what are the odds that you remember the second one? It's fun to put Bobby Kotick as the maid of honor, but are you going to remember that that's what you did a year from now?

Unless you use the exact same thing on every website as the answer to the security question, but that's basically just as bad as just using the same password everywhere. Once someone has figured out that Bobby Kotick is the answer to your security question, they can reset your passwords everywhere.

Creston
I give valuable accounts unique passwords that I store in an encrypted, password protected Excel document - using the same password for multiple services is a recipe for disaster. Short of having a photographic memory for unique passwords no matter what you do there will always be a weak link. The goal is simply to try to minimise it.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo