Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alan Wake’s American Nightmare May 23, 2012, 12:53 Orogogus

Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 12:31:
Orogogus wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:55:
I haven't seen that the PS3 and Xbox have a significantly different market. I think nearly everything on the PS3 is available on the 360 (and vice versa) other than a handful of exclusives, and the 360 versions outsell the PS3 anyway. The Take 2 data showed a revenue split of 50% Xbox/28% PS3 for the fiscal year, and I think all their console titles were dual platform.

I was talking more about the reception of exclusive properties (Alan Wake was one) and the diversity of those, not raw revenues. I don't see titles like say Heavy Rain having the same success on the 360. Just because they share some cross platform games doesn't mean the audiences skew the same on everything.

I just get the impression that the skew is largely imaginary. With the Wii, you'd see significant variance, but from what I've seen of people's game libraries, PS3 and 360 owners play basically the same games. What skew that exists is more regional (between countries), rather than between the PS3/360 platforms. I really don't think that if Uncharted were released on 360, or Halo on the PS3, that there would be any dissonance; their exclusive properties are by and large aimed at the exact same target demographics. Maybe more Japanophile on the PS3, but that group seems to gravitate towards the Wii anyway.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo