Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines in February 2013 May 21, 2012, 19:39 Jerykk

I feel like the RPG was a pretty bad idea, too. The enemy list relating to Aliens is played out, with relatively little variety compared to almost any game out there. Their hand-to-hand nature would tend to make RPG combat repetitive -- what's going to happen in this mission? Well, aliens might burst out of the walls and floors and ceilings and try to eat my Marines to death. The suspense is kind of missing, especially the OMG! ALIENS!!! WTF!! thing that the movies revolve around.

Yeah, xenomorphs have grown a bit stale. You already know pretty much everything about them. Granted, Obsidian could have taken some creative liberties here and there. Xenomorphs are supposed to retain characteristics from their host, so if there were other non-xenomorph aliens to impregnate, that could have made for some interesting enemy variety.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo