Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

79. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 15:51 Creston

nin wrote on May 21, 2012, 15:46:
Flatline wrote on May 21, 2012, 15:26:
Sugarman wrote on May 21, 2012, 15:23:
He showed me the other character when we all played at my office "yes, I have 4 gaming pc's in my office at my Sports Bar". His original character was pretty new so the reason nothing was taken was probably because he didn't have anything worth taking. I told him to make sure to get the most updated antivirus and scan his main pc for adware/spyware/virii, ect... Also made sure he changed his account password and his email account password, just in case it was hacked as well.

I'd also go to bleepingcomputer and download combofix and run a scan for a rootkit.

I've noticed the majority of viruses I'm dealing with these days are rootkits and not normal "viruses". I almost never see a traditional virus any more. Just malware and rootkits.

I want to say the times I tried combofix here at work, it tore up more shit than it fixed...

I only ever use combofix on a computer when malwarebytes and a decent anti-virus scanner can't do anything. Combofix is VERY aggressive in nuking stuff, and it actually WARNS you beforehand to have the recovery console installed because of that.

That said, I've had combofix clean a computer I'd already slated for reimage multiple times. It's definitely a very powerful tool to use as a last resort.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo