Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2012, 09:46 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on May 20, 2012, 06:13:
On top of that they deliberately designed the game so that the singleplayer was integrated with the online crap on one hand, then, insultingly, they pointed to those same arbitrary restraints that they themselves forced into the singleplayer as an excuse why there is no offline singleplayer.

Handled differently, this would have been a non-story for the most part. As it is, however, Blizzard stepped in it big time.

? They told us EXACTLY how it was going to work. And even let damn near everyone play a BETA to see how it works. So not sure how it should hvae been handled any differently, other than calling it Diablo Online. But then World of Warcraft would have to change it's name (as with every other game, ie Team Fortress 2 online), so it just doesn't make sense.

People are just mad they can't have their way. Just need to deal with it. If a game like Ms. PacMan was online only, even though I have a cabinet at home (which I do, and let me tell you how awesome it is to have a cocktail Ms. PacMan table in the kitchen! ), then there would be reason for rage. But this is just out of control at this point.

The game isn't single player. That is a term end users are using - not them. End users want it to be, but it isn't....and that is just the way it is. It was never hidden. At this point it is like a kid getting super rage mad about something trivial - and as time goes on s/he realises that the rage was misguided and moves on.

So, time to move on people.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo