Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Wasteland 2 May 20, 2012, 03:21 Jerykk

I've got to give the nod for my personal worst gaming company to EA, though Microsoft is right behind them. I think that MS at least makes an excellent OS on which to game (every other generation anyway) gives them at least some redemption in my eyes. EA doesn't give the community anything good. That some games under the EA brand are still worth owning is a testament to the quality of the games' developers, and happen in spite of EA's involvement, not because of it.

That's a bit short-sighted. Games like Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age, Crysis, Battlefield, etc, could not be created without tens of millions of dollars and raising that kind of money as an indie developer just isn't going to happen. Without EA's funding, those games would not exist so you have to give them at least a little credit. You should also give them some credit for at least supporting the PC. If EA hadn't bought Bioware, Bioware would still be making Xbox-exclusives. The only reason Mass Effect ever came to PC or PS3 was because of EA.

As for Origin, while it's nowhere near as good as Steam, I haven't had any particular issues with it. Installing, updating and running games has been a cinch. If the game doesn't require Origin, you don't even need to run it in the background. Also, Origin lets you install games wherever you want which comes in handy when you're running out of space on your usual drive.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo