Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

114. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 18, 2012, 08:52 Undocumented Alien

But what is going to be done?

What is to be done... is that publishers like Ubisoft and EA have a puddle of drool at their feet as they see D3 being a HUGE success despite an always online, persistent connection (that everyone whined about before) for a historically SP/LAN game.

Welcome to the new age of renting your game (non-ownership), and now no one, especially those that bought D3 and supported this model, can whine about any longer as there exists a hugely successful reference point in the industry.

Ironically, a publisher almost every gamer has loved, is leading the way with this... wolf in sheep's clothing...

I completely understand the draw of the Diablo series... and so doesn't Blizzard...

If this were a new IP (Title), I'm not sure they would have pulled this off as smoothly as they did.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2012, 08:58.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo