Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

82. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 17, 2012, 15:53 Crustacean Soup

Jerykk wrote on May 17, 2012, 05:41:
Also, if you have a decent HoF, it's going to be really hard for lone cappers to make the grab. Mainly because the Super Heavy perk is so overpowered and will kill the capper if he collides with the HoF. Force-fields are also pretty effective at stopping cappers.

I've flag grabbed by skimming over a HoF's head. If he doesn't see you approaching (he's following another player, for instance), he might not hop up to block. I'm pretty sure I managed that without the Reach perk, and I'm not a great capper (my routes usually bring me in at around 200, up to 220). The forcefields are a great help against lone wolfs though, unless it's one of the very open-flag maps where they can be avoided.

Jackplug wrote on May 17, 2012, 14:13:
T:A has the physics is all wrong for a Tribes game. It seems that if you are travelling fast in one direction and then fly upwards off a ramp, then try to steer left you cant cos of the momentum and you fly away from you intended target. When playing Tribes 1, you had very good control when doing the same thing.

Useless none listening devs as usual, who noob the game so everyone can play it without having high learning curve..

The physics obviously aren't trying to straight-up ape Tribes 1 or 2, but I like the feeling nonetheless. There's enough control that you can manoeuvre around nicely, but not so much that it's dead easy.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2012, 16:01.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo