Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

79. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 17, 2012, 06:17 Beaner

Jerykk wrote on May 17, 2012, 05:41:
Yeah, this is a big issue for defense. Unless you already have a decent amount of momentum, disc-jumps are pretty worthless. Cappers already have momentum when they grab the flag so it's not an issue for them but for LD/MD, it's pretty annoying.

I've been through beta's for T2, Tribes Vengeance and Legions. I'm just shocked that the same problems with a 4th tribes game still exists.

We all know the story of T2 and its soupy slow base physics. Fortunately that was fixed by community players with classic or base++. At least base T2, as slow as it was, was still smooth chasing.

With TV Irrational seemed to be a bit clueless about the concept of chasing. It was non existent except on the smallest maps. Momentum from a disc and stand still was utter crap.

Than Legions comes around. Same problem. Bad momentum, easy Llama grabs crappy chasing and of course they added auto regen which caused other problems. They kept blaming the problem on the map designs. The game played best on very small maps for that reason. They did improve on it to the point where it was close to T2C but we know what happened to legions.

So now we have Tribes Ascend and the same frickin problem exists. bad physics for chasing, auto regen, and hey lets add no team damage while we are at it. I don't get it. Usually I wouldn't fret much because I know at some point community players will improve by tweaking the game properly. Zodd/Zod did it with T2. Rapher did it to some extent with TV. Unfortunately that isn't ever going to happen with Tribes Ascend. That's a big difference.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo