Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

73. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 22:11 Jerykk

I think the biggest issue with the current system is that it doesn't really have longevity. Once you've unlocked everything for any given class, there's not much else you can do with that class. However, if they switched to a LoL-style upgrade system where you could mix and match upgrades as you saw fit, there would be a lot more flexibility and lot more variety in builds. They have the right idea with the perk system (except for the fact that you can upgrade perks) and they just need to extend that idea to the armor, weapon and item upgrades.

There are a lot of interesting builds that could be made if the following generic upgrades were available (and if each armor/weapon/item had three upgrade slots):

Armor:
-10% Mass
+10% Mass
+10% Health
+10% Health Regen Speed
-10% Health Regen Delay
+10% Energy
+10% Energy Regen Speed
+10% Resistance to AoE Damage
+10% Resistance to Ballistic Damage
+10% Resistance to Melee Damage
+10% Resistance to Self-Damage
+10% Weapon Switch Speed

Weapons/Items:
+10% Ammo Capacity
+10% Splash Radius
+5% Damage
+10% Firing Rate
+10% Projectile Speed

So if I wanted to be a light capper, I could upgrade my armor to -30% mass. Or +30% Resistance to Self-Damage if I like to disc/grenade jump a lot. Or +30% Energy. Or any combination of the above. The key is to offer players a wide variety of potential builds to try out, giving them incentive to unlock more upgrades.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 22:20.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo