Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

69. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 20:58 MadBoris

"No no no. Unlockables should never be level-specific. You should be able to unlock anything at any time. Ideally, there wouldn't be unlockables at all, as those are inherently unbalanced in a competitive multiplayer shooter, but if you must have them, make sure they aren't level-specific. Being level-specific means that some weapons/items will be better than others and that should never be the case in a multiplayer shooter."

It's pretty much why they shouldn't change anything, everyone hass different opinions.

Yes it could when the person at level 29, never sees anyone above level 29.
Everything I've said is based on tiered matchmaking every 10 levels.

And yes making the game progressively change as people level up is a new direction in this genre, I knew it would scare people weeks ago when I thought of it.

Trying to make the best competitive game turns out fail, a lot of times that is the reason IMO. It should be made fun. It doesn't have equal-sided maps/bases, it can never be balanced.

I think changes and advancements can/should be made. I don't know what they are. I think the community is stuck in Tribes ruts of tradition, therefore it may just stagnate.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 21:06.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo