Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Valve and Linux May 15, 2012, 01:28 2nd_floor

If valve has "Linux at heart", and is going to be spoken of as "Linux gods" and compared to the Linux Foundation, I'd like to see them release source code (haha, literally :), and Steam, or parts of it? ) of their software for Linux. (Maybe they will, but that mentioned in an announcement would be more like Linux gods!)

It bothers me, and angers me in fact, as a Linux user/gamer since 1997, the way they have exploded (in words) onto the Linux scene, without yet a single product released for it, they are worth billions of dollars, and words like above about Linux.

All the way back to when Half-Life was released for PC (1997?), based on Quake 2 technology, which ran cleanly on Linux. Part of the work of bringing HL to Linux already done, but no Linux version of it. Instead efforts/energy/resources into Steam. Not a word about Linux (for 13,15 years).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo