Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Facts you might not know about game of thrones May 14, 2012, 19:36 jimnms

nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:39:
British WWII fighter found in Egyptian desert.

That's a neat story...reminds me of this one from a few weeks ago.

I watched a documentary a few years ago about a group attempting to rescue and restore a B-29 that had been sitting frozen in Greenland when the crew got lost and ran out of fuel. The crew was rescued, but plane sat there frozen for decades.

It's available to watch online, but if you don't want to watch it, secret text spoilers follow. It was a pretty sad ending. They failed to get it out during the short few months of summer they had, and the main guy behind the operation became sick and died. One of the crew re-organized and returned to finish the job the following year. They restored the plane to flying condition, but while taxiing to takeoff they forgot to shut off an auxiliary generator after starting the main engines, which broke from its mount and caught fire. They were able to get out of the plane, but had to watch as two years of hard work burned to the ground.

MeanJim on Steam

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo