Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Evening Metaverse May 12, 2012, 09:49 VoodooV

The thing is, I sorta agree with him, but for the wrong reasons.

I love my video on demand. But I want *my* video library on demand, not *their* library.

It's pretty simple really. I still like to buy DVDs and other physical media, but I want to be able to legally rip these DVDs to my home network storage, then have the ability to cache or stream movies from my library to my laptop or mobile device.

I want my own independent library, I don't want to depend on netflix, or amazon, or any company other than my ISP to be able to access the content I buy.

And again, we run into that familiar scenario of people who want to do things above board get roadblocked by DRM and other nonsense. But the people who are willing to flip the bird to the law DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT. And we're just talking about people who want to rip only the dvds they own. I'm not talking about going to some P2P site and downloading shit you don't own.

Yeah, I like renting stuff from Netflix and watching some movies on Instant Watch, but I'd rather buy a physical dvd, rip it to my private library and then be able to watch it anywhere

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo