Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Morning Consolidation May 11, 2012, 14:36 Jivaro

I said Sony's TVs sucked this past year. Perhaps I should have said "I looked at every Sony TV I could find within a 50 square mile radius of my home and all them did not come close to meeting my expectations regarding performance when compared to their price." My mistake for talking casually in a clearly very formal atmosphere. Of course, then someone would probably find something to jump on there too. "50 miles?! If you were serious you would have expanded that to 100!!"

If someone, ANYONE, had come on here and said "I bought this *enter specific Sony model TV made this past year here*, and I think its awesome. Did you see it or did you miss it?" That would be quite different. Instead we jumped right to my delusions of Sony always sucking forever, there must be something wrong or amateur about my testing process, etc. Fact is, I could only find one model of Sony that received consistently high praise on "the net" within the 32-46" size range, it was based on the previous year's design and I was unsuccessful at finding it in an actual store where I could see it for myself. Buying a TV blindly didn't seem prudent, particularly when I wasn't at all impressed by the other TVs made by the same manufacturer.

I have been wrong so many times in my life, I have made a fine art of admitting to it. As a self-admitted Sony fan I would love to have someone pitch me a model from last year they thought rocked da house so I could check it out for myself, and then compare it to its competitors. That isn't what anyone has done. In fact, that really surprises me. I would have thought that would have been the first response.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo