Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Released May 9, 2012, 10:51 Sacrifice

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 8, 2012, 17:33:
EA has a very different approach with Origin, which involves charging more for games than any other place on the planet. For instance, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is 26.99 on Steam - 39.99 on Origin. Or Batman: Arkham City, which is 19.99 - 24.99 on Origin. And all their new high profile releases are either 40/$65 or 45/$73.

EA is trying to increase the price of gaming, while Valve is doing the opposite. And Valve offers the better service. Bizarre. Absolutely bizarre. It is any wonder that EA was voted the worse company in America? I think not.

I agree entirely!

For some reason I never got around to playing the Mass Effect series. I picked them both up via a big sale on Steam a few months ago. I finished the first one, the PC version had the main DLC already included. I looked into playing the Mass Effect 2, but it will cost me over $50 to get all the DLCs. Ridiculous! It is a game that is two and a half years old. Why don't they have a "Game of the Year" edition already? At the very least they could have a reasonably priced bundle with all DLCs included.

I use to pirate games, but no longer with reasonable services like Steam. Origin and EA are seriously tempting me to pirate again...

This comment was edited on May 9, 2012, 10:58.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo