Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2012, 11:36 Ruffiana

I'm most interested if the whole process of avoiding the unpleasent practices of publishers that's enticed so many gamers to throw money at kickstarter projects might not ultimate turn many of those gamers on to the very same practices they once rallied against.

It's one thing to talk about evil publishers and their uselss DRM schemes, forced arbitrary deadlines, or shackling developers with limited budgets when there's no money coming out of your pocket. Quite another when you've got $15 on the line (or much, much more in some cases).

Publisher forcing a developer to hit a ship date and release a buggy game. Bad publisher! Lazy developer!

But a kickstarter community granting some leniency to a crowd-sourced developer who, in the 11th hour, sheepishly admits that they're really going to need 3 more months and another 25% funding to really finish the game. Let's see how that goes.

I'll be interesting. I've personally only thrown 15 bones at "Schaffer-Land Happy Funtime Adventure 2012" so don't really care if the whole thing goes belly up or not.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo