Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 16:29 Pigeon

Flatline wrote on May 7, 2012, 15:50:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 7, 2012, 13:12:
eunichron wrote on May 7, 2012, 12:59:

Oh wait, the only differences are that one has an RMAH and always-online DRM.
To be perfectly honest, if you're going to allow a RMAH, there's no real way to get around it. It's going to have to have an 'always on' connection if nothing to break dupers, and reducing the chances of seeing 29370879878909 SoJ's. Like we saw last time, you know, in D2.

Is it going to break dupers though? Where there's a will there's a way.

I'm not aware of any item major item duping problems in WoW, though duping apparently does exist. If they're able to control it to the extent they do in WoW it probably won't be too much of an issue. However, if I understand correctly, all equipment can be traded in D3. That was certainly my experience in the beta. In WoW the best items tend to be BoP so there's really no point in duping those. In D3 since the best equipment can be auctioned and with real money involved there's going to be a lot of motivation for the dupers. I'll be surprised if blizz can pull of the RMAH with little issue.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo