Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

122. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 3, 2012, 19:44 Bhruic

If something sold for $30 yesterday on the RMAH and someone is stupid enough to post say five of the same item at $2 each instead...the people gaming the AH will buy up those $2 items and repost at $30 each.

You know, I might have overreacted on Blizzard. It's entirely possible - plausible, even - that this is the real reason for the 15% fee, to stop people from doing stuff like this. Obviously not with this extreme example, but when I was playing previous MMOs, I enjoyed cornering the market on certain products. If people undercut me, I'd just buy their products and relist at my higher price. But by putting in such a high seller's fee, they really clamp down on that hard. Unless people put up pretty extreme price differences (like this example), market cornering will probably not happen - which is good for buyers.

If that was their intention, then, well, kudos to Blizzard.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo