Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: IT Interview May 2, 2012, 20:31 Cutter

Capella wrote on May 2, 2012, 19:53:
Hey guys I am looking for some advice. I have a friend that has a huge interview with a large company for an IT position next week. It is a phone interview with the head of IT and a couple of other IT higher ups.

What do you think it will be like? Will they ask him technical questions along the line of a certification test or just some general stuff? I had an interview with the manager of the IT department for the city I live in and man he grilled me like a cert exam. I was not expecting that and I totally bombed. I told him of my experience but not real sure what else to tell him.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Most likely a combination of general HR type questions and technical from their IT guys just to make sure he actually knows what he's talking about. Generally they're more concerned with if they think you'll be a good fit and they want to work with you. Id it's by phone it sounds like it's just a preliminary screening anyway. Most major corps do that, than an onsite interview and sometimes a third one with whoever would be your actual boss and maybe one or two key people from that department. Just get him to bone up on answers for the general answers for HR stuff because it'll be obvious in short order if he knows the technical stuff he needs to or not.

A few questions almost guarenteed at any interview...

1.Tell me about yourself.
2. Give me an example of a time you went over ans above company/customer expectations.
3. How do you resolve a conflict with a co-worker.
4. How do you deal with an angry customer.

It's all a load of bollocks, but you have to play the game.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo