Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: IT Interview May 2, 2012, 20:21 nin

What do you think it will be like? Will they ask him technical questions along the line of a certification test or just some general stuff? I had an interview with the manager of the IT department for the city I live in and man he grilled me like a cert exam. I was not expecting that and I totally bombed. I told him of my experience but not real sure what else to tell him.

I've had both kinds of interviews, but the last was more practical experience as opposed to a cert questions.

Granted, that was 10 years ago. I'd like to think that any sensible IT person would value personal experience over being able to recite a book answer but not be able to put it into real world use, but it takes all sorts.

Obviously, if its a phone interview, where they can't see the person, the one thing you want to avoid is silence. You don't want to babble, either, but I would think silence would be the worse of the two.

From the other side of the table, at my company, we've hired folks that have little to no certs, but can answer all sorts of technical questions. And we've hired a few cert folks who sometimes had difficulty adapting to anything outside the book.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo