Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

83. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 17:56 Flatline

Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:46:
Indeed, I think it's a great opportunity. I plan on making back the cost of my copy selling items to the morons who will actually blow money on virtual items.

Dude you and every other swinging dick out there. I have at least two friends who think they might be able to quit their jobs and just work the Diablo auction hall.

In reality, you know who you're competing against? Gold farmers. Chinese prisoners forced to play the game 18 hours a day. Professionals who will be perfectly willing to muscle you out through razor-thin margins because they have the man-hours and labor pool to do it.

See, Blizzard spent a *lot* of time and resources combating those kinds of asshats with WoW. They apparently said "fuck it, give us a cut and we'll legitimize it." And now they win both ways. They get a large cut of the gold/item farmers haul, and they save money not having to stomp out farmer accounts. And in the mean time joe schmoe is thinking "oh boy I'm gonna make money!!!"

I laugh at anyone who thinks they'll make serious money off of D3. The Chinese and Blizzard will be the main profiteers here.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo