Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:06 RollinThundr

Slippy wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:57:
You guys need to put this in perspective... this is really no different than purchasing DLC for a game you enjoy. I've bought different items for Portal 2 just because it makes my little robot look different... at least the AH has some impact on your game play.

Also, do you guys really think all the D2 sites that sold items purchased them off of players with all the duping going on??? NO. Yes, Bliz saw an opportunity to make money... but they are also allowing us to participate and reap some of the 'profits' from it.

I think used correctly, it will be an excellent addition to the game. Ignoring the gold trading, even if you just post items to sell and you sell one occasionally at a very low price... eventually, you might wrack up a few bucks and be able to buy something you want with no real out of pocket expense.

Besides, it's totally optional. It could be a lot worse, what if you reached 15th level and then suddenly you have to pay $20.00 to access the next 15 levels (ala. Dungeons and Dragons Online). There are definately worse scenarios...

Just my opinion of course...

D3 isn't a F2P MMO last I checked, that DDO comparison is comparing apples to oranges.

At any rate once the dupes roll in, and they will, it'll be more fun watching this explode in ActiBlizzard's face than playing the game no doubt.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo