Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 11:17 Cutter

Well, as expected there are definite pros and cons to it. I'd still prefer to see more classically defined roles (tank/healer/rogue/wizard) with their own spell and skill sets as opposed to them being predicated on weapons. Too much time spent reviving people, pets and npcs.

I played a ranger up to 20 and quite enjoyed him, although pets are pretty useless atm. I did get me a pet shark for aquatic stuff which I loved. It's definitely a huge, interesting and beautiful world. I spent a lot of time just running around exploring stuff. Also started a human mesmer for the last few hours of beta and it was fun.

Crafting was a mixed bag. Not great, not bad, needs work. And too many pf the mats are way too hard to come by. They definitely need to be upped. I wish all CRPG/MMOs would take a page from EQ2/Vanguard crafting.

All in all I enjoyed it quite a bit. It still needs a lot more time in the oven at this point. It being F2P at launch is a smart move because it's definitely one of those games you'll want to hop in and out of in stints.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo