Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:21 Enahs

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:54:
Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:19:
maleitch wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 15:24:
I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to. In fact the older you tools get the more you migrate down here? Do us all a favor and keep your pasty asses back "home".

Oh my god, that's funny...you proved, with every jackass thing you said (and how) why I will never consider this my home. You want it, you can have it! By all means. You want the barefoot and pregnant 17 year olds, you can have them. You want the slow ass retirees, you can have them. You want the (stupid as fuck) rednecks with their muddin' and couch in the front lawn and their single-wide trailers where ALL of your family lives, YOU CAN HAVE IT! If I could go home, I'd be there - IN A HEARTBEAT. You proved why Blue shouldn't come down to the south better than I ever could. You can go back to humpin' the dog, or your sister, or whatever it is you guys in these woods do to pass the time...

Edit: And just for the record, most of my neighbors (and most of the people who live in FL) are from the north...dumbass...

=-Rigs-=

Sadly those types of people exist everywhere.

And sadly, the world is still full of prejudice and stereotypes too. The "south" is always stereotyped like this, and people not from the south always say these type of things. But it just is fun to laugh at because all it really says is that "I am a racists ignorant person!"; because really you have clue what people in the "south" or like. Nor do you actually have any tolerance for different people.

I have lived all over now, and while yes there are quite a few serious white supremacists racists people in the south. By far and large, "northerners" and west coast, and Midwest people are FAR more racists. It is only anecdotal evidence. But I have about 200 black and foreign friends and coworkers that can attest for that.

I mean heck, just look at this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/New_2000_black_percent.gif

At least we allow black people to live with us. You can say you are not racists all you want, but that map really says other wise.

All that said, I do not think non southerns are bad, or actually meanly racists, etc. Nor do I want to sterotype. I just think most people all over are to stupid and afraid to admit the difference in people, and it is easier to point at other people and say they are racists then to admit to themselves they have very little experience with other races. And it is really hard for people to accept other culture.

For instance, I think NASCAR is the stupidest thing in the world. But just because I do not like it does not mean the people that like it are bad. And sterotyping of NASCAR fans as stupid; well, the people working for NASCAR are some of the smartest scientists and engineers in the world, FYI. You would be shocked how many former NASA JPL scientists work for NASCAR companies now, or how many leave NASCAR for NASA JPL and other similar places.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo