Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

226. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 25, 2012, 14:00 StingingVelvet

Bhruic wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 13:33:
I'm just saying by always being online, always having that auction house there, always ready for someone to jump in, you're basically soloing a multiplayer game.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but what I'm saying is that the presence of these things do not automatically make it a purely multiplayer game. Functionally speaking, there is no difference between playing D2 in offline mode, and playing D2 in a solo battle.net mode. Simply playing a game with an online requirement doesn't remove the singleplayer component of it.

And as I originally compared it, you can also solo all the time in WoW and in effect play it as a singleplayer game, but it still isn't that. D3 was designed as multiplayer only, the developers even said so when the internet thing came out. I believe the quote was something like "playing this by yourself is playing it wrong."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo