Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

186. Re: Runes Apr 23, 2012, 09:20 peteham

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 08:37:
What seems weird to me is that as a wizard, I was using axes, swords, bows, shields, etc. Seemed like I could use pretty much any weapon I picked up. That was just odd.

Yeah, same for the Monk. "Generally" a Monk would use Hand2Hand (or a hand weapon) or a Bow Staff and that's about it as well light armor. With D3 I just gave my Monk "whatever". It makes having different classes seem... useless?

As "Krowen" said, "Skill trees are an illusion of choice, always have been.", then maybe classes and spells/skills are just illusions of differentiation.
Assuming the game is anything like Diablo 2, which it very much seems to be.... Basically, you've seen a small slice of Act1, on normal difficulty.If your playthrough went like mine, you've seen probably a couple of extremely low-level rares and mostly some random junk blues, that in no way represents the more class-specific stat bonuses you'll be seeing on higher difficulties. If you're the type of person who enjoys wacky builds, i.e. pacifist necromancers or melee-sorcs, you will probably be able to do that, but it will be significantly harder than any sane build and gear setup, and essentially useless on higher difficulties.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2012, 09:30.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo