Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

98. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 22:53 Creston

Sigh, what a crappy way to install a game.

Download the 44meg installer. Okay. Run it, and it needs to update setup files. This takes about 30 mins on my admittedly shitty connection. Then I get to the actual install menu, so I select where I want to install, etc. The real download starts.

Four hours later or so, it crashes, for whatever reason. Blizzard's crash reporter asks me what I was doing when it crashed. Um, I was trying to install your game?

I hope that at least my progress for the download has been saved. Dbl click the installer again. Nope. Not only has my progress not been saved, but right now it's UPDATING THE DAMN SETUP FILES AGAIN.

Other than Origin, I can't ever remember an installer being more fucking shitty than this.

Anyway, I guess my decision to not be interested in this game anyway was well made.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo