Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 22:32 RollinThundr

eunichron wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 21:50:
loomy wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 20:20:
the game design is obviously simplified for console (and maybe wow?) players. it is simplified pretty well, but still. please nobody degrade yourselves arguing against this galactic truth.

I have to ask this seriously though, have you even played Diablo 1 or 2, or any other ARPG? Complaining about Diablo being simplified is like complaining that rocks are dense. In the history of computer gaming there hasn't ever been a game series more simplified than Diablo.

To be fair, yes Diablo was always on the simple side, With Diablo 2 however they at least expanded the classes, gave very distinct skill trees that allowed for many different builds of the same type of class. Honestly I don't see that is even possible here. I realize it's a beta and stuff is locked but it almost looks like you only have 4 skills a class, with a defensive skill tossed in here or there for good measure, things that were previously attack skills using D2 as the example. Like the Wizard gets a frost nova as a defensive skill and it appears to do no damage just freezes enemies.

I realize they had to further simplify the game for the consoles, I get that, but what's here, at least in this beta is so simplified to the point that I'm amazed it took them this long to get this game out the door.

Considering work on Diablo 3 originally started in 2000, it makes one wonder just how many times this project was rebooted between their shift to WoW development and the closure of Blizzard North in 2005. Hell I wonder if any of those Condor folks who pitched Diablo 1 in the first place are even still at Blizzard at this point.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo