Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

81. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 17, 2012, 00:49 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 00:36:
You're forgetting all the trees which you could dynamically destroy in Crysis. I don't think consoles can handle that, which is why the console ports had significantly fewer trees.
Sure, but didn't Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 have open levels and destructible scenery on console? And isn't it worth sacrificing a few destructible trees to have a large open environment? Heck, the destructible scenery in the original Crysis was so over-the-top that is was more a nuisance than an advancement of the genre.

The point is that current gen consoles - despite being incredibly limited - are perfectly capable of handling large open levels, even with destructible scenery. The move to the city in Crysis 2 was a design decision. I felt it added to the franchise. It's much more meaningful to have it set in New York as it comes under attack than having you fight Koreans on a random island that you have no emotional attachment to. To me Crysis made all the same mistakes of the original Far Cry - the game's ticking along nicely and then BOOM, stupid sci-fi hour (FC had mutants, Crysis had aliens). No originality whatsoever. Far Cry 2 took bold risks and while they didn't all pay off it was a pioneering title for open world FPS games.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo