Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

78. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 23:04 theyarecomingforyou

SXO wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 20:58:
Well sir, it seems we have quite different tastes in gaming. I do praise Far Cry 2 for its healing system. I think the industry should've iterated on that system for healing in FPS's instead of the Halo-derived auto-heal system that's become prevalent. FEAR had the right idea with carrying around the health packs, freeing up level designers from having to place them at regular intervals. Some would argue health packs were just as unrealistic as auto-healing, but then Far Cry 2 came out and innovated on it and turned it into an awesome system.

Looking at your sig I have to say our taste for high-end hardware is quite similar. I also looked you up on Steam, and kudos on that impressive collection of games!
One of the things that is often overlooked is that Far Cry 2 is one of the few FPS games without any sci-fi elements. In fact the African setting and idea of mercenaries worked really well. The plot didn't go anywhere but the voice acting was strong and the characters - although not memorable - were very convincing. I enjoy games where I can believe the events that are happening. Same with Half-Life - it had obvious sci-fi elements but the story of how it all happened was really compelling. That's something that I never felt with Crysis, nor with the Call Of Duty games (on the one hand they were unbelievably generic and the other they were completely over-the-top). Very few games truly grab me but Far Cry 2 was one of them, regardless of the faults.

As for my games collection, the Steam sales really are great for that. I love firing up a random game and finding a real classic, like Alpha Protocol - the gameplay is pretty hackneyed but the story was incredibly enjoyable and it felt like you were really influencing the outcome. If it wasn't for Steam I certainly wouldn't buy or play as many games as I do now. And I like to keep my computer up to date, as it seems such a waste to buy games and not enjoy them at release at the highest settings - I tend to only play games once, so I'd rather have the best experience possible.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo