Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: EA Denies Layoff Rumor Apr 16, 2012, 21:47 NKD

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 19:12:
Teddy wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 18:44:
You mean like in the extensive list of patch change notes that were listed clearly in the launcher when you were downloading and installing the patch?

You clearly haven't even played the game. For the patch notes to show up you have to specifically click on a link in the launcher. They aren't just displayed while you download the patch.
And I have many better things to do than wade through patch notes. Good customer service = notify the player of really important changes (like a full respec) via an in-game pop-up or broadcast message the first time the player logs in after the change. Simple as that.
But hey, feel free to suck up the shitty treatment while paying $15/month for it. In the meantime I'll have some standards.

You had to click a button, oh my god! I feel so badly for you. It must have been an arduous process clicking 'Patch Notes' and scrolling down to your class.

I hate this generation of "PLEASE HOLD MY HAND" gamers. Execute the lot of em.

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 13:51:
NKD wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:52:
Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:09:

Good products and services sell themselves.

If only that were true. Gaming is full of titles that were very good but never got the attention they deserved, and consequently sold like shit, and even sunk their studio.

It is true. Advertising can certainly help, but by the same token, all the advertising in the world will little help a terrible product or service. I also noticed you changed you sig from the quote I made that was spot on. Damn, it's not easy being right most of time.

I dunno man. There are a lot of great games that did not save their respective studios from being canned. Meanwhile there are complete piles of shit that sell millions of copies.

Unless you're making a low budget title for a niche audience, you're forced to spend quite a bit on marketing just to make sure people know your title exists. It's a constant game of one upping the other guy. People only have so much money to spend, and very few of those people are smart enough to look behind the facade of marketing. That's why I think a return to the roots of lower budget games is essential. The high budget game, 99% of the time, is by necessity going to be a marketing-driven overly-compromised mess.

As to the sig, yeah I was pretty sure we were all aware of SWTOR's failings by now, and I think my current sig makes a more salient point. More and more I see people around here crying about publisher A or developer B and then in the very next thread admitting to buying their titles.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2012, 22:01.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo