Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone Apr 16, 2012, 19:04 Teddy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 00:35:
While I agree that exclusive content is not the right incentive in this case, I think your logic here is problematic as well. This bonus mission is not deemed to be part of the game by the designers, as evidenced by the fact that they don't intend to create it as part of the game right now. It's no more part of the game than any other mission created by anyone else using the toolset. It's simply a bonus mission that happens to be created by the developer because the funders kicked in enough extra money for them to do so. Your opinion that anything they do must be part of the game is just that, your opinion. You don't seem to have any real basis for your claim though.

Are you serious? I don't have any basis for my claim, other than the fact that the content we're talking about will be developed by the creators of the game, ready for launch and shipped with the game. THAT IS GAME CONTENT. Using words like "bonus" and "exclusive" doesn't make it any less game content that is not included for a specific subset of the population who will buy this game.

Anything they do that IS PART OF THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE, is part of the game. It's pretty basic. Really. External things like T-shirts, art books, etc, etc are all well and good. Extra "exclusive" quests? No way in hell. Hell, I don't even care if they make it paid DLC and give it to certain backer levels for free. But exclusive stuff that people who weren't backers aren't allowed to have is pathetic. If they go through with that, I'll withdraw my money in a heartbeat.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo