Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 15:19 Flatline

SXO wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 15:12:
Now I'll admit I never sat down and played Crysis 2 myself, but in watching others play it I found it was not as "on-rails" as many claim it to be. Even so, it's definitely not a true sandbox game, more like small sandbox bubbles linked together in linear fashion. But admittedly this is the same exact thing Crysis does, just in grander scale so it doesn't quite feel as linear. But I would argue Warhead was closer in style to Crysis 2 than people seem to realize. My biggest beefs with Crysis 2 are its change of environment and plot (this was not the originally planned sequel), environments that felt less dynamic than Crysis, scripted events that felt far more artificial than the scripted events of Crysis, excessive hand-holding, and most importantly a storyline that I felt was cheesy and weak. I would've added inferior graphics to that list, but the DX11 patch put it at least on par with a stock Crysis. Although with mods, Crysis still beats anything out there.

Crysis 2 had more compelling visuals than Crysis did. The art design was pretty fantastic for the whole of the game. The beginning levels with the evac centers and crap were pretty powerful.

But the real question I find with all this discussion of sandbox games is... Am I going to be finished with Skyrim by then? I'm like 100 hours into my *second* character and am still finding new shit to do, and I'm just starting to tap user mods.

And even if I am done with it by then, in theory Shadowrun should be out by then.

I'm sorry, Crysis 3 isn't even on my radar.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo