Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 14:07 theyarecomingforyou

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 13:42:
Also, I agree with the sentiments here that 2 was abysmal and 1 was great.
Hang on a second, when did the original game become "great"? It had some interesting ideas but it really didn't compare to games like Half-Life 2 or Far Cry. People keep talking about how open Crysis was but most of the time you followed very similar routes and the narrative was still very linear. Far Cry 2 - which came out a year later - achieved a much more convincing open world, with gameplay that was also less linear.

Crysis 2 had a much better narrative and although the levels were smaller I felt they were better designed to allow different approaches. Just look at Deus Ex: Human Revolution - the levels were obviously much smaller than Crysis but there was much more scope for how you could approach them. Crysis 2 wasn't a great game but in my opinion it was better than the original.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo