Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

70. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 16, 2012, 11:43 Matshock

I was a Tribes 1 player and watching the COD generation learn how to play Tribes Ascend is fun for me. I expect them to figure it out sooner rather than later, don't mistake my comment for a put-down.

But now instead of scrolling and shooting as fast as possible, they've got to deal with challenges normally reserved for flight sims- wide open terrain, energy limits in z-axis maneuvering and most importantly target lead.

In short they keep aiming right at me in flight and missing.

It's a pretty fun game right now- when more people figure out how to play it it will be a blast.

If it gets VOIP it will be the best EVAR1

Here's a longer thought:

$29.99 in my case was enough to unlock the better primary weapons and a couple of worthwhile perks for three classes- soldier, whatever they call the sniper and the technician. Basically, I picked just the three classes that match my preferred gameplay style then picked the most expensive stuff for just them. I didn't bother to unlock the classes that don't interest me the most- maybe later. After that and with the xp booster I'm pulling about 3000 XP per match with no points-farming crap.

I think that most people would do better that way- specialization vs. just getting all the classes unlocked. Once you get a few very effective (or even one if you don't mind the lack of variety) classes+ the XP booster you can starting scoring enough XP to unlock the others.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo