Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone Apr 16, 2012, 00:23 Teddy

Flatline wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 23:45:

You're getting the complete game. Think of this game sort of like Neverwinter Nights, where you had a main story, plus you had a robust mission editor to create new content. Now imagine an ad that says "preorder today and get an EXCLUSIVE BONUS MISSION by the creators of the game!"

You're having some problems with logic. If there's an "exclusive bonus mission" that's complete at release and only given to certain people, then people that aren't getting it are ABSOLUTELY not getting the complete game. The complete game would be every bit of the game made in time for release.

Exclusive content is exactly the sort of thing that many people, including myself hate seeing from publishers as evidenced by those voicing against it. I'm sick to death of "pre-order bonuses" and especially vendor specific bonuses, wondering what I'm missing out on by going to my preferred vendor.

What you think is 'normal' for kickstarter is irrelevant. What the people handing the money over want is what's relevant. I sure as hell don't want exclusive content for me or for anyone else.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo