Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

230. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 13, 2012, 19:41 Veterator

I don't agree with over use of pesticides yet my food is often prepared from foods that have been sprayed or treated.

I don't agree with using antibiotics in every circumstance, but I still take them when the doctor prescribes them to me.

I don't like having to take steroids or inhaled medications for my asthma, but I still do.

I don't like the idea of polluting the environment, but I drive a car.

I don't like the idea of scrapping perfectly good used vehicles for a credit on a new vehicle through cash for clunkers, but it happened.

I don't like having our troops in an open ended war that began on lies, but we're still there. Despite many people not supporting it after the truth came out.

People do lots of things they'd like to have an alternative to, but lacking an alternative they are stuck with what's there. If you pass laws to reinforce the status quo you will never get change. If you never get change, you are stuck with what's offered.

Your point is reinforcing something that there is no alternative to, simply because you reinforce it by claiming that only a minority cares or considers them wrong. Lots of people care, they might care LESS about them than say having clean drinking water but they care. It doesn't mean they have the time to post on this board to disagree with you. But claiming they don't care is ignoring the evidence that people have put out there in their choice of not purchasing or complaining about SOPA/PIPA and other laws. Or when they complain about movie quality or rehashes of the same old stuff every other year.

You may choose to not believe they care, but that's not going to actually solve a problem and will only create more by creating a false stance. If you are unwilling to even broach the subject with your consumer base and instead force it upon them, you are not giving a chance for people to be heard or represented.

Your point is predicated on a falsehood.

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 19:14:
But you are in the minority caring about such things, or even considering them wrong.

Repeating your same complaints doesn't change my point.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo