Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

68. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 19:19 Dev

So anyway, here's the product he says in that link he's working on "wearable computing"
But, he says that "this is R&D Ė it doesnít in any way involve a product at this point, and wonít for a long while, if ever"

However, this is where all the hiring positions (from the job postings link in blue's blurg) come in, for the wearable computing bit:
we need more smart people. Lots more smart people. Hardware people, software people, firmware people, game people, UI people, just plain great programmers and problem solvers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, systems programmers, computer vision people, optics engineers, you name it.
So all those positions are more likely to be for the wearable computing in the far future, not any steam box/console.

And finally, I don't think they have any business people advising them on TF2 or even steam, they are just experimenting (as Gabe has said before), given that he says "And if youíre a first-class economist, please check us out. Youíll have a sandbox with 40 million users, and I promise youíll never be bored."
That would explain things such as why they've failed to capitalize on the portal 2 store. Its just not interesting enough to them compared to TF2, and no one is advising them on how to make money with it.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2012, 19:25.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo