Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 12, 2012, 00:04 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 21:42:
NegaDeath wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:41:
Lot's of people use GFWL with no issues, I get that.

Then GFWL eats one of their save files. Those people then join us on the light side.

One of us! One of us! One of us!

The problem is most people donít understand how GFWL uses the AppData Directory to store their files. Many people will rebuild and blow away their hard drive not realizing that in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLiveLive directory your saves and setting are stored there. This is what needs to be backed up If you back this folder up in the AppData and the one in the Roaming you WILL NOT lose your saves.

I love how you guys all pile on and complain about GFWL and donít know a damn thing about it or how it functions nor do many of you know where your files are being saved. I personally have never had issues with GFWL, yes itís not a clean as Steam but it does work.

And good luck with your petition, contracts have been signed and deals made. It wont happen.

Do you like programs that don't uninstall by going into Programs and removing them? GFWL is one, first it gets installed via a few apps. But even when you install it, it keeps remnants. Those remnants are a reinstall can still be there and be thee issue. Then you have to go find an uninstaller that works much deeper then the stock os uninstaller, to really remove it and start over. It's not all about one single issue, it's a series of issues that can happen. Their forum support is run by idiots that somehow have a job and don't have any understanding on what they are supporting. It just never ends.

Now if you never have a problem... consider yourself living on borrowed time.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo