Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

178. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 10, 2012, 15:31 NegaDeath

Even if you put aside the space magic, if you put aside the lack of choice, the lack of your actions influencing the ending, the lack of your squad-mates, the insane repercussions of the 3 choices, wherever the hell the Normandy went to, on a pure storytelling level the ending is bullshit.

Over the course of 3 games you have your primary antagonists. You see them in the first mission of the first game (Sovereign over Eden Prime). Saren, the Geth, the Collectors are all just agents of theirs. The goal of the entire series is to stop the Reapers. In the last 10 minutes of the series they:

-introduce a new character/enemy that supersedes the reapers in importance

-introduce a new existential conflict (synthetics wiping out organics) that supersedes the old conflict, despite the fact that you had just resolved the issues with the synthetics

-change Shepards personality. Shepard doesn't work with genocidal AI child things. At best they would argue the Bieberbot down to a better position, at worst they'd nuke the site from orbit (only way to be sure).

Seriously, who does that? Look at other great sci-fi and fantasy series and input those changes, they all look crazy with it.

And no I don't accept the Indoctrination theory, regardless of how awesome Marauder Shields is.

If you think about it, Bioware has kinda screwed themselves too. We know Mass Effect 4 will happen, minus Shepard. If it takes place after 3 you will have a game where you have to account for the fact that people might be normal or creepy synthetic hybrids. I read an article where they regretted having the option in ME2 to let your entire team die as it made the story hooks troublesome for 3. Now imagine a game where the nature of life itself is in question. Oops!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo