Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

89. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 15:26 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 15:21:
Untrue. Why would anyone possibly download a game if they do not want to play it? Some people mention things like "collecting" here, but does anyone think a meaningful number of people "collect" things they do not wish to play?
People downloaded the game because they wished to play it. Maybe only for curiosity, to see how bad it was, but clearly they desired to play it.

I disagree. If something is free, people will take it. Doesn't really matter how much they want it. Take swag, for example. Do you think people would pay even $1 for 99% of the crap that gets handed out at conventions? Likely not. That doesn't stop them from gladly taking that stuff for free. Hell, just look at Steam sales and indie bundles. I've bought a lot of games that I'll probably never even get around to installing, letalone playing, simply because they were so cheap.

Downloading something for free doesn't prove that someone would otherwise be interested in buying it.

All the pirates I know download EVERYTHING and only play a very small amount of them. Collecting the booty is more important than having an use for it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo