Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

82. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 14:24 Spektr

I think the time and money invested on mmo also contributes to players not turning to other games. I never finished Oblivion because Wow came out at this time and took all my spare time. I always joke about how my bro keeps buying pc magazines while he's only been playing WOW for the last past five years.
I am currently playing SWTOR and indeed not planning to spend five years on it. Not that the game is bad but I dont see that much incentive to keep paying for a subscription when I have all major classes at level fifty.
At the same time I doubt I will appreciate spending five years doing the same levels and battlefields over again.
Not to mention playing the same game over again, the gameplay being too close to World of Warcraft. WOW was a pleasure to play because it was the first game to make the experience so enjoyable because it had polish previous games lacked and better involvement in quest and stories. SWTOR takes it to the next level with great success but when the story is over it is over. and when the novelty wears off it's repeat repeat. I want a mmo that plays differently. SWTOR doesn't bring enough novelty to the table to make me say "Wow" like Wow did. I would spend months in a world like Tamriel but more of the same mmo clichés just won't do. Cashing up on WoW's successful might just prove shortsighted. Heck they might even revive SW Galaxy when they realize it was more success than SWTOR

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2012, 14:32.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo