Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 12:01 deqer

Iurand wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:35:
"We did crappy console port, but it's your fault thieves! BTW don't forget to buy our new PC exclusive game. We love you, thieves."

I'm so excited.
I appreciate that you rephrased it, and liked the way you rephrased it.

wtf_man wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:47:
if the game sucks... those "pirated copies" were most likely NOT lost sales.
Yup. In fact, that is the primary reason for why a game would be downloaded illegally--because there was no demo, trial, or realistic(extended) trial. Since publishers--such as EA--have fucked over so many people in so many years now, then more and more people would rather download/trial before buy. Yes, pirates--believe it or not--will buy it after they pirated it.

Elessar wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:09:
Yeah, let's not consider that it not selling well is YOUR fault. We'll automatically blame the consumers and then punish them for it.
This is exactly what happens in every company/corporation. Management will never recognize or admit to their own faults. Even in a small office, the Boss will never admit that things are sloppy, unorganized, etc. even if the Boss was smacked in the face with evidence of the fact, the Boss would still not recognize, or admit.

Darks wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:20:
Then you missed out, it was on sale during Christmas, I belive i picked it up for 5 dollars.
According to this thread so far, I don't think he's missing out. Shitty stuff will go on sale because the company needs to make SOMETHING off it, so, they might as well price it at $5. So, you purchased a piece of junk--supporting the company--for $5. Good for YOU!

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:03:
As for where millions come from, go to a major torrent site and look and see how many downloaded the game.
Is that your research? Looking at the download #s of torrents? lol.

Person downloading a torrent does not mean that person will extract/play the torrent. If they play it, it's because they are doing a trial first, then they will buy it. Also know that a lot of pirating is merely collecting, and not actually playing--and/or spreading--it.

Chromius wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:13:
To the people buying the whole "Piracy is huge thing" you are brainwashed, piracy is made out to be much larger than it actually is, these people go to their board meetings and tell them this is why they failed, when in reality it is not the issue, Piracy is the "Get out of jail free card".
Exactly. Management proposes dumb idea; co-workers disagree, but agree--to keep their jobs; project fails; management blames the workers; workers pull out green card excuses, to keep their jobs.

Chromius wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:20:
Oh and yeah they do not want you to to dl it and try it, they want you to digitally purchase it or physically purchase it and have NO way to return it when you figure out its a crappy PC port.
Yup. Corporations have found a way to make it impossible for you to return a game once you've played it once. All the more reason to pirate the game first, trial it, before you buy it.

---

God, corps are so dumb/evil. Blaming piracy with no evidence, and getting away with it(by receiving tax cuts on claimed losses). lol.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo