Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: "No Plans" for Max Payne 3 Demo Apr 10, 2012, 11:33 Jivaro

In today's world of Youtube, speaking only for myself and not automatically assuming everybody else feels the same way, I find a demo isn't all that necessary. A demo that is released before a game is released might encourage me to be an early adopter if it "wows" me, but a game without a demo just means I will have to see it in action, often via video, before I would even consider buying it. Preferably a player video and not a review or company PR video.

Would an actual hands on demo be better? Of course. Do I really need it to make a buying decision? Nope. I am a huge fan of both of the first 2 games, but the marketing videos I have seen so far have not made me very excited about this game. The lack of a demo means that I won't be buying the game day 1, and it will take some pretty good fan videos and reviews to convince me to buy it at all. When I do, and if I do, it will probably be on sale.

Pirating just gives companies torrent numbers to base stupid decisions on, so even if I didn't think of piracy itself as a bad thing (which I do), I wouldn't pirate the game...even if I was only going to "try it out". The last message I want to send to Rockstar is "I stole it because I loved the game but didn't want to pay for it"...and that is exactly what all of these companies seem to believe piracy/torrent numbers indicate. They are wrong, but it is what they choose to believe. Disinterest, simply not buying, pirating, or playing the game at all would send a much stronger, and accurate, message. Never in a billion years will people stop pirating for such a sane reason as that, I know. But I can dream right?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo