Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: New NVIDIA Beta Drivers Add FXAA Apr 9, 2012, 16:11 Mordecai Walfish

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 15:13:
But maybe there is other ways than ENBSeries? That works on nearly no game properly. Latest version doesn't even run on more than like 5 games.

ENB series supports other games in older releases. When the author makes a new version, there is no promise for backwards compatibility for other games. For the intents and purposes of the previous versions, they have been tuned to what the developer wanted to achieve in that particular game before moving on.

What I'm most looking forward to in new Nvidia drivers are a proper FPS limiter, triple buffering for Direct3D games, and their new v-sync technique(s). It is very annoying to have to use multiple third party programs to achieve these things.

Nvidia is catching on to the fact that many of their users are doing this. FPS limiter will be in their drivers soon, and hopefully the new adaptive v-sync implementation will be available to older gpu's as well, and is effective in the struggle between glitch-free graphics on flatscreens (v-sync on), and the massive input lag that it causes. (not to mention the stabilizing effect it can have on 50-300FPS jumps in some areas of games)

Their new AA implementation in the 680 series looks interesting as well, as I think they are actively developing new techniques like this, as opposed to trying to get FXAA more complicated and demanding with other filters & fixes involved. One of the core cases I believe they have laid out for the new AA is the increase in sharpness when compared to other post-process AA routines (FXAA).

Either way, I am happy with Nvidia's choices to mature their drivers and hardware in the direction they are going, it shows they are at least somewhat attentive to their audience's needs... which is *not* all just "MORE SPEED!". That makes GPU users look like a bunch of junkies, when some of us 3D addicts quite prefer the quality in our product first and foremost. =)

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2012, 16:24.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo